Thursday, January 19, 2012

SAMMinistries Blanket Donation through Little Bird's Branching Out!



In 2011 we were able to donate 40 blankets to a local San Antonian organization, SAMMinistries, a homeless shelter that supports needy families.  They actually have a campus that provides housing and assistance in order to directly support these families in need.  
Dropping off Donated Blankets with my crew at SAMMinistries

Little Bird's Branching Out projects have been centered around things that I hold dear to my heart, such as security and safety and income through a steady job which I am grateful for.  I can barely travel without going crazy with the uncertainty and absence of a regular schedule, so I could not imagine not having these securities in my life.  My 4 birds are LOVIE and Blanket enthusiasts!  Lovies bring such happiness to each of them and provides each with their own sense of protection and security, even when we travel or are without our normal comforts.  It is my wish to provide that sense of security and warmth and love, to all children--whether through the purchase of one, or as in this case, the donation of one through purchase. 

I received a really sweet thank you note from SAMMinistries, and a couple of pictures of a blanket in use from this sweet little girl!  It meant a lot to me, and made me even more thankful for you, all our Little Bird fans who made such a gift possible.  Thought I'd share them with you:)  Thank you!





Dear Grace,



On behalf of the smallest residents in our SAMM shelters, thank you for your thoughtful donation of blankets!  It is clear from your email that this donation is truly a gift from your heart.  Your sincerity and generosity are so special and I want to thank you for sharing of yourself and your business with those who are struggling.



I apologize for the delay in getting back to you with more information about you donation, but I am the new employee working with in-kind donations and am playing a little bit of catch-up.  I had the opportunity last week, however, to meet a sweet three-year-old little girl at our Haven for Hope campus.  She is pictured in the attached photos using one of the Little Bird blankets.  She had the brightest smile and was eager to have her photo taken with the new blanket.  Her mom just brought home a new baby sister for her (just a few weeks old) and I am sure that the blanket will give her comfort during the transition.  I hope you can see that your blankets are truly making an impact. 



Thank you for thinking of SAMMinistries for your outreach and donations.  If you follow us on Facebook you can view the thank you note I posted with a link to your website. If you are interested in a tour or would like other information, please do not hesitate to contact me. 



Sincerely,



Liz


Elizabeth de los Santos
Development Manager
 

No comments: