Sunday, November 18, 2012

EEEEK!

Okay ... Just noticed my last post was August 1st ... Can you tell I'm a WAHMof4?????  It has been such a summer/Fall and now soon to be Winter!  Soaking in every second, I guess, sometimes means letting go of other things.  It's such a balance!  BUT I LOVE IT!  I wouldn't trade it for the world and appreciate our Little Bird Flock for graciously soaring with us in the highs and lows and especially the  in between :) 

Let's see.. Where to begin??  Little Bird's started off August with a huge leap forward--as a featured artisan shop on Etsy and all gussied up with our first professional photo shop which highlighted ALL 4 animals and their inspirations--my flock!  Thanks to Rachel Kirkland of KPS for such a fabulous shoot and the addition of 2 star models to our modeling crew :)

A few of my absolute faves:





Next, Kalliope, our 4th, is just getting to that age where it's hard again to work in working, and you know what, that's just fine with me :)  

I have the rest of my life to pour my entire heart and energy into something--but I only have these few years to pour everything into these four.  I would not change a thing, and I'm so grateful that I am able to balance my career around my family.  This time with them is such a gift and pure joy {even in the bad}, I could not see myself being me, or their mommy, any other way.  

I've been relishing in the fact that for the first time in 6 years, I'm not expecting, acting as an incubator, nursing, in between pregnancies, and I do not have a newborn.  I'm LOVING this freedom :)  It's amazing how much these little people consume not just your time and energy, but take such a toll on your body, emotions, mind, spirit ...!  I definitely could not have survived this first 6 years--which at one point I had 4, 4 and under, without my Johns.  It's been so neat to witness how our love has evolved from the day we said 'I do' to now :)  

This summer John and I made a goal together to run a 1/2 marathon in November--{Which we did successfully this past Sunday :)} and a full in June, 2013 together.  It's been such a time of connection and commitment on a completely different level than we already give to each other as parents to 4.  It's been an incredible joy for me.  One day our kids will be grown and completely independent from us--we're holding them to that ;), but we know we'll always have each other and plan on making it through these next 75 years together best friends to the end!  I couldn't ask for a better partner in this life we chose together!

So I hope that justifies my absence! 

I'm so looking forward to the holidays!  The kids are at such a perfect age to really, really love celebrating the spirit of each.  We're staying home for each and not hosting for the first time since Leo was Kalliope's age!  I'm thrilled about taking time with each and crafting and baking and playing and starting some new traditions together!

I am MOST Thankful for the many, many blessings in my life, including you and the entire Little Bird Flock!  It's a joy to create for you!

Monogrammed pictures to come next week!!!

Wishing you a season filled with Warmth, Love and Happiness!

JOB,
Grace



No comments: